Thread: jeepasaurus EDIT:pre-paint island wheeling and a TOY!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: jeepasaurus 
    on to the long ass project of trying to get the jeep ready to paint- man waht a bitch it is to do it- you really dont think about it too much until your actually into it, after much debating between me and my girlfriend, (she drived the jeep almost everyday) we decided yellow-
    , so were all like "this will be cool" then im tearing everything off liek it will be a walk in the park- then i see it- jeep cancer- all over under the doors and the gate- shit- so now i get to learn body work- i also had to fix a little incident that happened between my tail gate and a tree stump, and another one where an idiot hitched me up using a clevis hook strap with a knot in it to pull him out, thats the LAST time ill ever let anyone hook up to me, ill do the hookin form now on, that was an expensive mistake for him to since it took out the rear glass, on to the comedy......
    Attached Images      
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa
    Phone numbers in canada are, Area code: (hoockey stick) blocker, helmet, puck- blocker, blocker, zambony, wayne gretsky.

2. #27 Re: jeepasaurus 
    oh i forgot to mention GET ROCK SLIDERS!!!- replacing your dented rockers sucks- those rockers you see are ones i cut off another jeep- once they get dented they have this sweet tendancy to rot to shit- so yea that was fun- now im thinking "yea yellow man, that rocks" so im trying to imagine it yellow and its lookin cool, then i open the door, shit door jambs, well another project- green door jambs and a yellow exterior would look oh so sick but ive opted for black- "just paint them yellow tony..." oh yea for got to tell ya im using Durabak for paint, its like hurculiner but comes in sick colors and its more expensive, i bought 4 gallons and im afraid that the exterior will take all 4 when i get it thick enugh- so im using a backup for the jambs- i got this "contractor grade" tread and grip paint, it was pretty cheap and the hw store had alot so that what i used, usually on an island there isnt alot of anything so i was like "ohh a sign" i bought all the cans they had , i got a gallon of black duraback to do the cladding and the bumpers, but the cladding had those radical testarosa stripes on them, so i tried to flush them with a sandable caulk, that shit didnt dry so im trying something else- show ya later...
    Attached Images      
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

Phone numbers in canada are, Area code: (hoockey stick) blocker, helmet, puck- blocker, blocker, zambony, wayne gretsky.

3. #28 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    right on keep us posted, I might have to take my fenders off the front and mke some tube ones
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

4. #29 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    cant wait to see your paint job glad you live so far from me interested to see the bedilner paint, i did my rockers w bedliner stuff also. sweet jeep//Kevin
    Last edited by jeepnzj1; 02-17-2006 at 02:39 PM.

5. #30 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnzj1
    cant wait to see your paint job glad you live so far from me interested to see the bedilner paint, i did my rockers w bedliner stuff also. sweet jeep//Kevin
    hah! yer not the only one with a yellow ZJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...QQcmdZViewItem

But that one is^ built like crap and looks like crap, unlike yours:-p haha
    <><

6. #31 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    ok that was kinda wierd, that fuckin thing looks like the exact color i have, we took a yellow dixie cup to make my paint. my paint is dented and scratched from the trees and rocks and hides it great.especially for 5 year old paint job.

luv the abs bumper
    Last edited by jeepnzj1; 02-17-2006 at 09:37 PM.

7. #32 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    the trails here are "in da bush" in island terms- and they arent joking, most trails around here are lined with bushes that just so happen to be about 4" inches narower then a full sized grand- it might be a consparacy, who knows- when i got my sample of the duraback it came on a thin peice of aluminum, like 20 guage, i bent it in half, then back again, paint didnt come off, i layed it down on the desk and ran a key across it lightly, nothing, then i TRIED to take the paint off with my key, nothing- then i picked up the phone and ordered 4 gallons
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

8. #33 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    do they have a website I think youve sold me on it
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

9. #34 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    www.durabakcompany.com

you need to tell him that tony sent you there- really nice guy, very knoledgable-
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

10. #35 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    cool thnx

11. #36 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    luvthejeep you live in a beautiful spot my wife wants to go to st croix st john or st thomas for our next vacation we have some friends that went to st croix and they said it was bitchen, they stayed in the j house or sompthing like that.

12. #37 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthejeep
    www.durabakcompany.com

you need to tell him that tony sent you there- really nice guy, very knoledgable-
    How much does a gallon of Durabak run? I'm considering yanking my cladding and lining the doors.

13. #38 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    there are 4 types of duraback, first no-slip (like hurculiner) or smooth, then indoor or outdoor (with uv protectant) average cost is about 120$ a gallon- i cant tell you the actual coverage cause i havent applied it yet but it says 60 sq/ft @ 22 dry mills/30 wet- for refrence the outside of a zj hood is almost 30 sq ft- not including jambs- thats half a gallon!!

the mill rating is how thick the paint will be, @ 22 dry mills its like stone impervious supposedly, so thats what im shooting for- usually people go for 22 mills in the inside federwells, im trying to do the whole truck at that- also i have to cover that forest green with yellow so it will take some coats-

yea the islands are fun for vacationing, the 3 islands are VERY diffrent-

st. thomas- busy, crowded, touristy, lots to do and see
    st. john- over half the island is national reserve, beautful beaches- quiet
    st. croix- same size as both other islands put together, slow, quiet, great place to relax, 4 drinking pigs, LOTS of dreadlocks-and can you say "Mon"

if you decide to come dow ill be glad to give you the tour-
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

14. #39 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    Tony,
    I Love the look with the doors off, but I hate to think of what my arms, legs and face would look like after the satellite dish trail or the other trail that Wave sent us on...

If any of you guys get down to St. Croix, I highly recommend the "Tony Tour"! What a beautiful Island!!

By The Way, Where are the pics of this beast in yellow?? You finished yet?
    Aaron

15. #40 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    so what did you end up doing with the Ferrari stripes? I like the idea of smoothing them out and making it all flush....
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

16. #41 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    woot well- igot her done- finnally- the interior is still in peices and id like to paint them black bc i think the tan and yellow looks like dog shit but oh well it gets the job done for now- ill wait till the undercoating is on sale at the paint shop to do that- mmmm the smell of hot rubber...

Name:  IMG_5955 (Small).JPG
Views: 1004
Size:  43.5 KB

i did a full cut on the rear fenders- had to roll the doors and whatnot- came our pretty pimp- i should be doing a writeup if everything calms down around here

Name:  IMG_5982 (Small).JPG
Views: 992
Size:  72.7 KB

ohh look a big ass mess!

Name:  IMG_5983 (Small).JPG
Views: 999
Size:  58.7 KB

ohh a bigger mess with tires!

Name:  IMG_5986 (Small).JPG
Views: 991
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5985 (Small).JPG
Views: 994
Size:  79.8 KB

this is the durabak up close, its got a nice texture- goes on smooth and hides EVERYTHING- i love it- i cant wait to do the bumpers and roof rack-
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

17. #42 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    uh oh- its together! i think it came out cool- im either getting a sticker for the windsheild that says "skool bus" or tonka stickers for the side- i cant decide- i still have edging to do and some other stuff but all in all it came out pretty sweet- and btw if you dont like yellow STFU NoOB!
    Attached Images      
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

kickin ass and takin names! thats fuckin cool dude. You should leave the bumpers and rock sliders and rack in black, just my opinion but the bitch in me says it would look cleaner. now go burn an L drink a beer and admire your shit!
    Last edited by Deltron; 03-22-2006 at 01:38 AM.
    "And yet The Idea had more legs than your typical pot-inspired idea. It did not involve a second Twinkie inside the first one." -Rolling Stone

19. #44 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:PAINTED AND PICS!! 
    already on it- check post number 27
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

20. #45 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:PAINTED AND PICS!! 
    Looks awesome man.
    I dig it.
    Anthony

96 Talon TSI AWD - Hey, at least it has a transfer case.
    03 Chevy Tracker - I hate IFS!

21. #46 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:gears and body work 
    Quote Originally Posted by DJJordache
    so what did you end up doing with the Ferrari stripes? I like the idea of smoothing them out and making it all flush....
    im not going to use them now because of the fact that i trimmed so much off the fenders that making the factory ones fit would be as much work as making real steel ones- but if your going to tyr and do it i would use either great stuff and like fill the shit out of them then sand it down or i would use seam sealer- the great stuff option would be lighter but not as flexible- the seam sealer would work if you used thin layers, just dont rush it bc if you do it wont dry.. as shown by my dumbass....
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

22. #47 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:PAINTED AND PICS!! 
    hehehe LOVE IT! freakin awesome!
    <><

23. #48 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:PAINTED AND PICS!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ogdak's Avatar
    Wow, that is yellow. Cool
    Jeep ZJ 5.2Ltd '94 "To much to do"
    Build
    Dutch version
    Picture's off events we went to

24. #49 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:PAINTED AND PICS!! 
    How much durabek did you end up using?

25. #50 Re: jeepasaurus EDIT:PAINTED AND PICS!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJ_95
    the limited green looked better!
    You don't like the school bus yellow?
    Anthony

96 Talon TSI AWD - Hey, at least it has a transfer case.
    03 Chevy Tracker - I hate IFS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information