Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued

Thread: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    We made a fairly large initial production run on the XD14450 when we did the intital introduction and sales were consistent with our forecasts. But after the pent up demand was met, the sales settled at a fairly low maintenance level. We just sold the last of the XD14450 Aussie Lockers and since the smallest production run we can make would result in a 2 to 3 year inventory we decided to not produce anymore unless we get a surge in demand. The XD14450 had excellent results and reliablity and we were pleased to provide this product to our customers.

2. #2 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Sorry to hear that! It's a great product, but DEFINITELY a niche market.

3. #3 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    how about one for an 8.8 that had factory limited slip? It is a pain to have to re-setup gears to install a open carrier. Just an idea with a larger market than a d44a
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

4. #4 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Admin
    Ouch. I guess the ones that were already produced will now literally be worth their weight in gold.

5. #5 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    so where the hell do I get one now? Shit~!
    2003 WJ 4.7, Clayton's 7", 35" Goodyear MTR's, Sliders, ARB, yada yada yada....

6. #6 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by easymunny View Post
    so where the hell do I get one now? Shit~!
    Start a petition to make them continue to make it, LOL.

I personally think it is kind of lame that they are quiting now. More and more dirt cheap ZJ's hit the trails every year, but at this point I am used to venders ignoring us.
    04 Dub -- Longarms, JK44, 9" ARB's etc.
    68 Super Wagoneer - Resto Project
    93 ZJ: longarms, 231D, 35's, 44/Hi 9", ARB's, etc. -- Sold

7. #7 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Now I have to go 9", anybody interested in 44a?

8. #8 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Ouch. I guess the ones that were already produced will now literally be worth their weight in gold.
    yeah, worth just as much as the axle they're in
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

9. #9 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    So who did you sell the last one to? 4x4 stores or private sales. This kinda sucks because my track loc is starting to give out & I was planing on getting an Aussie very soon.

If you did sell the last ones to a 4x4 stor it would be nice to know who so I can still get one.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

10. #10 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado 5.9 View Post
    So who did you sell the last one to? 4x4 stores or private sales. This kinda sucks because my track loc is starting to give out & I was planing on getting an Aussie very soon.

If you did sell the last ones to a 4x4 stor it would be nice to know who so I can still get one.
    Sold to a private individual today.

11. #11 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Maybe I missed it but, wouldn't a heads up like "last call for 44a lockers" create the “surge” in sales that you are looking for? And a chance for the rest of us in the niche market to make a final purchase? I know that I would buy one in fact I need one for my wj! The other part of a niche market is one thread in 3 or 4 of the appropriate sites BOOM, more sales. (how long did it take to write this thread?). Now I am so not sure I would buy any other products from aussie. I guess the warranty just went titts up to? if i missed the heads up than i am out of line.
    Last edited by vinny4130; 09-22-2007 at 02:12 AM.

12. #12 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Yikes, glad I bought mine already! Going to go test it out today and tomorrow
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

13. #13 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    well.. so much for the frickin open carrier i just bought so i could get an aussie next week..wtf
    1996 ZJ Orvis Edition,V8 5.2L
    Skid Package, FM 40, UC, Dual Intake; OME Stab; Rustys 2" BB, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination M/T's, Kennesaw Multicarrier

Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    They can not handle man talk so you were wise.
    Pop Quiz: Whats more awesome than a lumberjack punching Santa in the face? (A) Nothing, or (B) All of the above?

14. #14 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Admin
    Most people I talk to with the 44a on the trails, that aren't members of this site, didn't even know that Aussie even made a locker for their axle.

15. #15 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    From a business and profitability standpoint I can certainly see where they're coming from. There is still always the possibility that a vendor or two may have one in stock I guess.

I'm glad they made them for a while, and glad we got one for Pam's ZJ, but frankly I was surprised that they even made one round of them.

They're not completely giving up on it though, if the demand resurfaces, they say they'll make another run. All the tooling and designing is done, so the hard part is out of the way.

If you would like an Aussie for your 44A, let them know (and do it maturely, NOT screaming OMG WTF BBQ I can't believe you discontinued it, that's totally BS), and tell your friends who want one to let them know. If they see enough demand, I'm sure they'll make another run of them.

16. #16 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny4130 View Post
    Maybe I missed it but, wouldn't a heads up like "last call for 44a lockers" create the “surge” in sales that you are looking for? And a chance for the rest of us in the niche market to make a final purchase? I know that I would buy one in fact I need one for my wj! The other part of a niche market is one thread in 3 or 4 of the appropriate sites BOOM, more sales. (how long did it take to write this thread?). Now I am so not sure I would buy any other products from aussie. I guess the warranty just went titts up to? if i missed the heads up than i am out of line.
    The two year warranty is valid for any Aussie Locker. We have the necessary spare parts to fully support our products.

We made a substantial investment in the development and testing of the XD14450 and when we did so, we fully realized that the market was limited vs. those of some other models. However, the sales after the initial pent up demand were slow and at some point we have to make a business decision on if we are going to maintain inventory in a product that sells one or two a month, or if we are going to allocate our inventory dollars in a model that sells at a higher volume. With business interest rates at the 12% level it is very costly paying for slow moving inventory.

We were the only locker company to support this differential and we did so with a very reliable and low cost product. But at some point we have to make business decisions and we apologize for those who had not purchased sooner. We did not make a last buy announcement because the inventory had dwindled and we were serving the buying public as they came to us. At the point of the last few units we had to either buy a large quantity or sell out the line and we decided that good business practices dictated the latter.

Certainly if there were sufficient proven demand for another production run we would make that run.
    Last edited by AussieLocker; 09-22-2007 at 10:08 AM.

17. #17 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieLocker View Post
    The two year warranty is valid for any Aussie Locker. We have the necessary spare parts to fully support our products.

We made a substantial investment in the development and testing of the XD14450 and when we did so, we fully realized that the market was limited vs. those of some other models. However, the sales after the initial pent up demand were slow and at some point we have to make a business decision on if we are going to maintain inventory in a product that sells one or two a month, or if we are going to allocate our inventory dollars in a model that sells at a higher volume. With business interest rates at the 12% level it is very costly paying for slow moving inventory.

We were the only locker company to support this differential and we did so with a very reliable and low cost product. But at some point we have to make business decisions and we apologize for those who had not purchased sooner. We did not make a last buy announcement because the inventory had dwindled and we were serving the buying public as they came to us. At the point of the last few units we had to either buy a large quantity or sell out the line and we decided that good business practices dictated the latter.

Certainly if there were sufficient proven demand for another production run we would make that run.
    Perhaps those that still need one could put together a group buy on this forum. How many orders would you consider necessary to produce another run? And how much would each one cost? I would think that with enough initial orders, another batch could be financially feasable.

Unless I have misunderstood, based on the figures you quoted, if you're worried that a new production run would require a 2-3 year supply, that means somewhere around 50 units. So to avoid borrowing to pay for inventory, I would assume you need to sell somewhere around 30 lockers up front???
    '96 GC Laredo V8; Tom Woods front U-Joint Shaft; Kevins sliders; 4.5" RE springs; Kevin's track bar conversion; JKS short arms, discos, and track bars; Pro Comp 16x8 mags with 305/70/16 Mud rovers.

Support Our Troops!!!

18. #18 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    well heres your first guy on the list.....

19. #19 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Hell I would buy a bunch just to resale them if their was only going to be one more production run. I'm in for a group buy.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

20. #20 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    I say we give her a go

21. #21 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Hell I would of drove up to Rochester just to get one, it is only 3 hours away LOL.... This is quite unfortunate, apparently my plans will change now.

Dave
    1998 5.9, 5.5" Front/ 4.5" Rear (RE), 33/12.50's Trxus MT's, ARB Bumper w/Warn 9500HS, 231HD...SOLD...Stupid Divorce!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_driver View Post
    start giving teachers guns... or tazers.... or clubs or just a 2x4 with a nail in it

22. #22 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    If a group buy is in order, I'll go in on it.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

23. #23 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    I want one for sure!!!!!!
    93 ZJ V8

24. #24 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    Im very disappointed to hear this, as i was planning on ordering one sometime late october to be ready for the winter. Definitely add me to the list.

25. #25 Re: Aussie Locker D44a Discontinued 
    I'll still buy one.. i looked for an open carrier for way too long to give up now...
    1996 ZJ Orvis Edition,V8 5.2L
    Skid Package, FM 40, UC, Dual Intake; OME Stab; Rustys 2" BB, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination M/T's, Kennesaw Multicarrier

Quote Originally Posted by InIt4TheFun View Post
    They can not handle man talk so you were wise.
    Pop Quiz: Whats more awesome than a lumberjack punching Santa in the face? (A) Nothing, or (B) All of the above?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information