Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Rear Quarter Protection

Thread: Rear Quarter Protection

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. #1 Rear Quarter Protection 
    Would any of you guys be interested in these? I am going to have a set made for the ZJ. They will be made out of 3/16 and bolt in place. And Probably be stamped and not welded like these. Once I get them done I will post some pics. Minus the tubing on the side.

Last edited by Tommy; 08-10-2007 at 09:04 PM.

2. #2 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Ted_Z's Avatar
    3/16" seems excessive to me, chances are you'd just pass the damage to some place you couldn't simply knock out with a mallet like colapsing the door frame or pillar). 1/8" or 12 gauge would be much easier to stamp and still provide reasonable protection.
    -Ted Z
    '97 Grand Cherokee Laredo w/ stuff
    '02 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ less stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    everytime someone makes a bumper with a stinger, God kills 6 baby Koala's.

3. #3 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    We will have to see. The rear quarter folds with ease. A tree barely touched mine and put a nice long indent.

4. #4 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    wow.... I'd definitely be interested. But... I was the "handicap" bar. Nice work.
    1993 Jeep ZJ V8 5.2
    HP44/9", 4.88's, Detroit, OX, Clayton's, ALL IN PROGRESS
    LINK TO MY PAGE

5. #5 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    I haven't fabbed anything up. That was the sides on the koz offraod ZJ. We plan on making them similar, and possibly stamped instead of welded together. No pun intended by the handicap bar statement. Sorry if it offened anyone. It just looks to me like one of those bars you would see in a shower or something.

6. #6 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    i like the handi cap bar , may say a tree from breaking that glass???
    Last edited by adam99wj; 08-10-2007 at 10:17 PM.
    99 WJ, D60/14B, 5.38s, 203/D300, 39.5"s, H1s

It was a jeep thing, but that shit broke

7. #7 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    I like the bar as well, make them for a WJ too!
    WJ-OME-JKS-KEVINS-32' BFGS-SOLD
    WK-DayStar-Spidertrax-BFGS-whoohoo

Search, helping dumbasses everywhere.

8. #8 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    i like the idea alot. but how much is this going to cost?

9. #9 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    KOZ is a local shop for me.

Grand Valley State University

10. #10 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    I will have a better idea when we make the first set. If it is rediculous I wont even offer them out. The machine shop that is making mine has a nice setup and could probably reproduce them easily once we get the first set done. A friend of mine owns the shop.

11. #11 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
    KOZ is a local shop for me.
    Thats cool, go with them. I was just curious if anybody else would want these. I am not looking to make a profit off these, just trying to help you guys out with some reasonably priced protection (hopefully). I could careless, my rig is getting them nonetheless.

12. #12 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    i like them...

post up the price once you get it
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

13. #13 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    in and could they come with the handi rails too I pm'd KOZ about these a while back and they never got back to me.....
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

14. #14 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    I am sure it would be no problem to add the hand rail. I plan on dropping the ZJ off next saturday so they can start mocking them up. I hope to have them by GSR.

15. #15 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Id definatley be in. The only other rear 1/4 protection Ive seen that I like was on RufftyTuffty's ZJ. It was just riveted UHMF (right acronym?). Very simple and effective.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

16. #16 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    ruffy tuffys zj was awesomerous........

i have his old 5.2 sitting in the back yard =]
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

17. #17 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma297 View Post
    Id definatley be in. The only other rear 1/4 protection Ive seen that I like was on RufftyTuffty's ZJ. It was just riveted UHMF (right acronym?). Very simple and effective.
    should be UHMW, stands for Ultra High Molecular Weight.
    Last edited by 93_5spd; 08-11-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo

18. #18 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    i was look at the pic again and i was want to know how are they puting gas in it. lol

19. #19 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Quote Originally Posted by tri69 View Post
    i was look at the pic again and i was want to know how are they puting gas in it. lol

why did i not see that
    95 Zj on 32s

20. #20 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Quote Originally Posted by tri69 View Post
    minor details
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

21. #21 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    If you look at the pic, he's got no fuel filler/neck hoses so I'm guessing it's got a fuel cell.
    Anthony

96 Talon TSI AWD - Hey, at least it has a transfer case.
    03 Chevy Tracker - I hate IFS!

22. #22 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    That's simple, cut a hole for a TJ gas bezel and you're done.
    1993 Grand Cherokee Limited, badgeless, all black, 7" LA, Clayton Crossmember+springs/Rusty's Arms, NP242, 35" MTR's, clear corners, cherry bomb exhaust, 4.88's, 5.2L, love of my life.

23. #23 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Tommy,
    Id like to see them on your Jeep first... I dont like the tubing, BUT I need an attachment point on the sides for a rear tire carrier that I should be working on soon.

Jerod
    Solid HP60 40 Spline 300M shafts
    Built 14B. 40 Spline 300M shafts

Quote Originally Posted by DankNesS
    MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

24. #24 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    I was actuallty starting to mock up some 3/16" on my quarters, I really like the design, but I like the counter sunk screw idea, or stich welding it to the body.
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

25. #25 Re: Rear Quarter Protection 
    Didn't KOZ promise these ages ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    it's a hobby that rarely makes good financial sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    I can proudly say that I am one of the "OG's" of mutilating a perfectly good luxury SUV.
    1996 V8, Claytons, HP30/D44a locked, ARB, winch, WJ brakes and high steer, 33s, some body damage.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Thread Information