Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

247 Input Shaft Length

Thread: 247 Input Shaft Length

1. #1 247 Input Shaft Length 
    What is it? Is it considered long? It is coming off a 99.

Thanks
    Brian
    99 WJ - 6" lift w/ Claytons, 231, 4.56, 44 Front, Locked 44a, Custom bumpers, 35 KM2s, Spyderlocks

2. #2 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    Tcase type doesn't matter. Transmission does.
    1.550" for 545rfe
    .840" for 42re
    97 grand cherokee ltd, 5.2, white, many mods of debatable value.

3. #3 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    What's the question? Are you swapping tcases? Wondering if you need to swap sun gears?
    93 ZJ 5.2.headersCAImoparPCMmsd,boredTB,efan, custom ugly bumper,KOR tb radsup,242, 5.5 lift Claytons LAs front adj SA's rear, d44 aussie locked, danaturdy w lockright, 35s
    Bloody box addict

4. #4 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    Swapping in a 231 from a yj. The input is to short so I'm going to have to order a new one cause I don't think the 247 input will work on the 231 from what I have read because the t-case is before the new cut style.
    Brian
    99 WJ - 6" lift w/ Claytons, 231, 4.56, 44 Front, Locked 44a, Custom bumpers, 35 KM2s, Spyderlocks

5. #5 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    So the t-case is out of 94 so I got the newer style gear so I can just swap inputs from my 247 which is good to know.

Wondering what a good snap ring plier to get to change the input is?
    Brian

6. #6 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    GSSW Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
    Wondering what a good snap ring plier to get to change the input is?
    When I did mine I got a nice set from Sears- not the crappy little ones from <generic auto parts store> but a set with stouter tips and a broader span so you can get the larger rings out. The set was around $19 IIRC.
    Last edited by FearTheDentist; 02-15-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    2004 WJ 60\14b ARB\lockrite 37" Nitto mud grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    If there's one thing I like more than Moab and Grand Cherokees, it's a little boy on boy action.

7. #7 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    Snap on or matco one of those traveling tool salesmen got me a good deal on a stout pair
    93 ZJ 5.2.headersCAImoparPCMmsd,boredTB,efan, custom ugly bumper,KOR tb radsup,242, 5.5 lift Claytons LAs front adj SA's rear, d44 aussie locked, danaturdy w lockright, 35s
    Bloody box addict

8. #8 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    Thanks guys. I found a nice pair. But I can't seem to get the t-case to separate. It goes about an inch and half and stops. I can't serm to figure out what is causing the snag. This is on the 247 too.

I thought it might be the shift linkage but really can't tell. I haven't been shy about trying to get it apart either. I'm lost right now so any tips would help a ton.
    Brian

9. #9 Re: 247 Input Shaft Length 
    Nvm. Got it. Hopefully the rest of this swap goes smooth.
    Brian

Thread Information